How have you all been?
Ring slings can be awesome. They are super fast to put on and take off and also takes a very less space in your diaper bag. The ring sling is my go-to carrier while travelling for short distance or running the daily errands like grocery shopping. Here are a few tips and tricks to get comfortable with ring slings.
Before you put the baby in, make sure you thread the fabric well
- While threading the tail into the ring, the fabric should not be twisted.
- Flatten the fabric as much as possible by spreading the fabric across the rings and pulling the rails away from one another.
Adjust the rings
- The rings should be on the shoulder of your choice.
- Place the rings as high as possible, as the rings will move down as you adjust the sling
- After all the adjustments, the rings should be at your breasts.
- Spread the fabric as much as you can on the shoulders, bunched fabric can cause sprain in neck and shoulders
- Do not bunch the fabric. Rather spread the fabric and create a pocket for your baby to sit in.
- Only leave the top rail a little loose before you pop the baby into the carrier. Putting the baby in a loose seat will take a lot of time to adjust and the baby will start to fuss.
- Place your baby’s leg in natural, M-shaped ergonomic position. Don’t let the baby’s legs dangle straight down.
- Baby’s knees should be higher than the bottom and spread the fabric knee-to-knee.
- Pull the bottom tail until the belly button to ensure a deep seat.
- Tighten the bottom rail and check the position of the top rail. Let the tension be on the top rail. Too much slack in the top rail leads to baby leaning away from you which is not safe.
- Don’t pull the entire tail of the ring sling to tighten. Instead, pull the tighten the top and bottom rail separately.
- Hold the baby up while tightening the top rail. Do not make adjustments while the baby’s weight is entirely on the carrier.
- Don’t slack the fabric on your back. Spread the fabric so that you will not experience back pain.
Removing the carrier
- Don’t loosen the sling too much while taking the baby out, this will lead to a lot of work when you want to carry the baby next.
Hope these tips and tricks help carry your baby better in the ring sling next time.
Oh! wait. I have a news for you! An awesome giveaway is here
What will you win?
This beautiful ring sling from Soul.
Terms and conditions
- Participants must follow us
- Visit, read, comment and share any one of the blog post .
- Like the contest related post.
- Invite and tag at least 5 friends.
- Bonus points on maximum read, like and comment on thehappymummablog.
- Use the hashtag #thmbgiveaway.
- The contest will be open from 1st December 2017 to 15th December 2017.
- This is a non sponsored giveaway.
- The decision of selection of the winner will be final.
Giveaway closed and winners announced on Instagram and Facebook.