Motherhood is challenging and the first and the most important challenge that moms face is breastfeeding. Breastfeeding can be exhausting, painful and sometimes the fear of low milk production gets daunting. Galactogogues are substances that are proven to promote lactation and we find ways to use these galactagogues in our diet.
The Moms Co. has curated caffeine free teas for mothers to help increase lactation and provide relief to acidity. In this blog, I will be reviewing the Tea for nourishing feeds.
The Moms Co. Tea for Nourishing Feeds has leaves and seeds which have been traditionally used to increase the supply of milk in breastfeeding mothers. It is a caffeine-free herbal blend which contains Rasberry leaves, Blackcurrant leaves, peppermint, Fennel seeds, and Aniseeds. This tea has no preservatives, stabilisers, and synthetic flavours.
Fennels seeds (saunf) is considered to be one of the sacred herbs for its exceptional health benefits. These seeds contain anti-oxidants and are a rich source of dietary fibre. It is found increase breastmilk production and is a remedy for indigestion.
Aniseeds are rich in minerals and vitamins. These seeds are proven to increase the production of breastmilk and also provide relief to infants from gastrointestinal problems
Rasberry leaves are rich source minerals and used as a medicine for diarrhoea and it also strenghthens the uterine muscles.
Peppermint is a widely used herb in any Indian household. It is found to be beneficial for irritable bowels, infantile colic, and breastfeeding associated nipple pain and damage.
Blackcurrant leaves are flavour full and are rich in antioxidants. It is beneficial for diarrhoea, colic, and boosting the immune system.
How to use
- Use 1 teaspoon of tea for 250ml water
- Add freshly boiled water to the tea leaves
- Leave for 10 minutes for the flavours to infuse
- Sieve and serve
- Quick delivery and the packaging was nice and compact
- Comes in an air-tight storage box
- This aromatic tea definitely uplifts your mood be it in the morning, or in the evening after a tiresome day
- Easier to prepare
- After using it 3 times a day for a week, there was a considerable increase in milk production.
- Helped reduce indigestion
- Priced at 699 for 50gm, it is a must buy
- It is only available online
Where to buy
TheHappyMumma Rating: 4.5/5
What I absolutely love about this product is how immediately it calms me down with its aroma and is a must addition to the daily fluid intake. Also the best experience with The Moms Co. is their customer service and a beautiful handwritten note that comes with every purchase.