After reading the adverse effects of disposable diapers to the baby as well as the environment, I decided to switch to cloth diapers. Initially I started off with the traditional langots and using them was a tedious task. They had to be changed every time the baby pees or poops . Moreover, the sleep of the baby was getting disturbed as she would wake up after every wetting. I was learnt about modern cloth diapers through various blogs on social media. I was in search of a good, easy-on-pocket brand of modern cloth diapers; it was then I found Fig-O-Honey.
They sent me an all smiles pocket diaper and a wet bag to use on my little one. Read on for a detailed review of the brand.
Why Cloth Diapers?
- Eco Friendly: A little towards mother nature from us
- Absorbent: Leak-proof and absorbs easily for 3-4 hours
- Safe on the bum: No more diaper rashes
- Cuteness: The little one’s bum looks adorable with the quirky prints
- Economical: One size diapers that can be used from infants to toddlers.
Fig-O-Honey is an Indian Cloth diaper brand that brings you good quality cloth diapers and wet dry bags in an affordable price range and quirky prints. There is a lot of cloth diapering jargon, which makes the adaptions of cloth diapers confusing. Fig-O-Honey cloth diapers are pocket style diapers that are Eco-friendly, made with stay-dry fabric to keep the baby’s skin dry and it comes with absorbent inserts. They can fit the babies weighing from 4.5 kg to 15 kg.
About the Founder
Sneha Thakkar, Founder of Fig-O-Honey, studied at IIT Bombay and worked for 12 years as a data scientist. With her first child, she used a lot of disposable diapers . When she was pregnant with her second child, she discovered cloth diapers and fell in love with it as how comfortable and convenient cloth diapers were. The availability of cloth diapers in India was unreliable and the imported ones were exorbitantly priced. Birth of Fig-O-Honey happened when she decided to make high quality cloth diapers available for parents in India.
First few customers get Rs 100 off on orders with minimum value of Rs 500. Use code FIRST100 during checkout.
These products are also available on Amazon. To buy through Amazon, click here.
Review: All Smiles Pocket Diaper
This All Smiles Diaper set comes with an outer cover and an inner 3 layer absorbent microfiber insert. The waterproof outer cover has adjustable snaps making it suitable for infants and toddlers. The stay-dry fabric on the inside keeps the baby’s skin dry and avoids rashes caused due to wetness.
- Good absorbance that lasted for 3 hours.
- The breathable dry-feel fabric kept the bottom dry.
- Quirky prints make you love the bums more.
- The snaps on the outer cover made it easy to give a snug fit to the baby.
- No elastic marks on the thighs.
- Held the watery solids well without any leakage from the sides.
- Dries quickly in the monsoons.
- Cost effective compared to other cloth diaper brands available in the market.
Note: It is advised to wash the diapers and the inserts 2-3 times before use for better absorbance.
Wash and Care: For instructions on cleaning of these diapers, click here.
Cost: Rs 446 for one pocket diaper along with 3 layer microfiber insert.
Review: Dinosaur print Wet Dry Bag
Wet Dry bags are used to store the soiled diapers. This bag comes with 2 sections a waterproof section and a dry section.
- The different sections for can be used to store both the soiled and fresh diapers in the same bag.
- The wet section was leak-proof and is also great to store swim clothes.
- Loop handle makes it easy for carrying.
Cost: Rs 535
Thehappymumma Rating: 4.5/5
I recommend all the new mothers to try Fig-O-Honey for a cuter and safer bum of your child.